The webinar was sponsored by Dr. Reddy’s and was presented by geriatrician, Dr Ryan Fuller.
Click here to watch the replay: https://event.webinarjam.com/go/replay/519/4q31qakvcwnaz7u6
Dr Fuller explores the following key questions in his presentation:
- Does the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease require brain imaging?
- Is there a place for systemic therapy in moderate-severe dementia?
- Should risperidone & olanzapine be used in dementia given the cerebrovascular & mortality risk?
Dr Ryan Fuller is a proud South African from Johannesburg, who completed his medical training at UCT, Chris Hani Baragwaneth, in London & at Sterkfontein. As an Old Age Psychiatrist (or Psychogeriatrician).
His special interests are value-based healthcare & digital innovation in health. He’s currently completing an MBA in International Health Management through the University of Cumbia & Robert Kennedy School, Zurich. He is passionate about understanding the complex relationship between physical, mental & spiritual health within family systems.
- Founder & Senior Clinician Memorycare Group medical practice (2012 – to date)
- Memory Clinics at Akeso Clinic, Parktown & Akeso Clinic, Alberton
- Pioneered Psychiatric Clinic at Primvilla Care Centre, Primrose, Johannesburg (2016 – to date) for patients with severe & enduring mental health problems, many of whom suffer with agitated dementia syndrome & need specialized long term care. Together with Dr Lolita Mostert, developed Psychiatric Clinic at Wigwam Care Centre, Rustenburg (2018 – to date) for patients with severe mental health problems
- Specialist Psychiatrist to Alberton Pioneer Integrated Care Consortium (2018 – to date). A multidisciplinary team of General Practitioners, allied, palliative & community nurse providers led by Dr Adri Kok (Specialist Physician) Specialist Private Consultant, Geriatric Psychiatry, Discovery Health (2011 – 2015).
- Pioneered South Africa’s first private Senior Care Coordination Program to assist older people with complex multimorbidity, impaired quality of life at risk for repeated hospitalisations
- Scientific Chair, World Congress Healthy Aging (2015)
- Specialist State Psychiatrist (2011 – 2012), Forensic Rehabilitation, Sterkfontein Forensic Hospital.