Prof Fathima Paruk presented this webinar, which will earn you one CPD point.
Presenter: Prof Fathima Paruk
Prof Fathima Paruk bio
- Critical Care Society of Southern Africa
-EXCO of Council and Honorary Secretary (2015- current)
-Council Member (2009-current)
- University of Witwatersrand, Human Research Ethics Committee (2011-current))
- University of Pretoria Human Research Ethics Committee (2016-2018)
- Discovery Foundation Awards Screening Committee (2017-2021)
- CMSA – Chair: Committee for Critical Care (2021-current)
- Provincial Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee(2021-current)
- University of Pretoria Finance Committee (1 term)
- University of Pretoria: SOM Readmission Committee
- University of Pretoria: SOM Postgraduate Program Committee
- 10.SBAH: Chair of SBAH Audit Committee
- 11.SBAH: Chair of Critical Care Committee
- 12.SBAH: Palliation Committee
- Co-Chair: Africa Telehealth Collaboration (Current).
- HPCSA Medical and Dental Board (2016-2025)
- EXCO of MDB (2nd term, current)
- Chairperson of the Chairs of Preliminary Enquiry Committee (2nd term, current)
-Chair: Preliminary Enquiry committee
- Postgraduate Education and Training (Committee (2016-2018)
- National Health and Research Committee (2010-2015)
- National Committee for Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths (10 years/2 terms).
- First obstetric intensivist in SA
- International Scientific Chair, World Federation Society of Intensive and Critical Care Medicine (WFSICCM) Congress 2013
- International Scientific Advisory Committee member: WFSICCM 2015 (Seoul)
- Trained 15 critical care subspecialists
- International lectures >30 (Includes Plenary invitations), National lectures >220 PhDs,MMeD, MMSc: 15 graduates
- First publication (SAMJ)as an undergraduate (medical student)
- Intercontinental Tele-ICU Collaboration (Charite University and RKI).
Multiple research related awards including:
- Young investigator Award(Canada)
- MRC Research Fellowship
- Faculty Research Day Award
- Best oral paper awards
Key opinion Leader (Critical Care)
Speaker bureaux of multiple (more than 15) local and international pharmaceutical organisations.
Over 100 publications: 70 in peer-reviewed journals/texts.