Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists (GLP1-RAs) have revolutionised the field of diabetes management. Spectacularly effective at lowering blood sugar levels, they are fast becoming the standard of care for diabetics and it is essential for GPs and specialists to understand this drug class. The webinar will be presented by Dr Zane Stevens, noted endocrinologist in private practice at Christiaan Barnard Memorial Hospital.
- DATE: 27 January 2022
- TIME: 19:00
- TOPIC: An overview of the GLP1-RA class for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- SPEAKER: Dr Zane Stevens
Dr STEVENS’ BIO
- Currently in endocrine private practice at Christiaan Barnard Memorial Hospital, Cape Town, with a specific interest in diabetes, thyroid disease and osteoporosis.
- Associate consultant/lecturer in the Division of Endocrinology at Stellenbosch University involved in undergraduate and postgraduate training in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology.
- Member of the task force for creating and publishing South African Hypothyroidism guidelines 2015.
Co-author of the Insulin chapter in the 2017 SEMDSA guidelines for the management of type 2 DM.
- Councilor member of the South African National Osteporosis Foundation (NOFSA). Specific interest in Fracture Liaison Services (FLS).
- South African Colleges of Medicine examiner for the sub specialization in Endocrinology & Metabolism (FCP).
- Founding member of the Cape Thyroid Forum MDT for thyroid cancers and combined structural/functional thyroid disease.
- Have served on a number of local and international advisory boards for various pharmaceutical companies.
- Speaker/lecturer regularly at CME events in the areas of diabetes, thyroid disease and osteoporosis.