According to Joubert the amalgamation has placed CompCare in a strong position in a number of respects: “Our current solvency ratio is a healthy 45%, which ensured that we were able to give back to our members. Not only were we able to add a number of new benefits and new product options for 2020 but our increases are the lowest in the industry.”
Broader product offering
“With a range of 11 options on offer, it is as easy for an executive to choose the ideal CompCare product as it is for someone starting out and on a tight budget.”
Joubert says the broadened product offering of the new scheme has enabled the introduction of two new options, Selfsure and SelfNET, while the merging of the two hospital plans, Axis and MedIIX, has resulted in the MedX hospital plan.
CompCare product options for 2020 include:
- From as little as R249 per month UniCare and UniCare Extender offer some of the best value in the industry.
- The pioneering Efficiency Discounted options provide contribution savings of up to 20% and are available on all options, with the exception of UniSave, Selfsure and SelfNET.
- MedX and MedX ED are a market-leading hospital plan and a cost-effective way to protect members and their families from sudden and unforeseen medical emergencies. They include benefits associated with more comprehensive cover, such as preventative care, active lifestyle programmes and post-rehabilitation benefits.
- The UniSave option provides comprehensive unlimited hospital cover, along with a flexible savings account, which can be used for day-to-day healthcare requirements.
Benefits a cut above the rest
“CompCare is one of few medical schemes to cover all costs relating to sports injuries, including injuries sustained when participating in extreme and adventure sports.”
CompCare’s 2020 benefit enhancements include:
- An unlimited cancer treatment programme.
- An active, healthy lifestyle is encouraged with access to accredited biokineticists and dietitians.
- An emotional wellness benefit with unlimited telephonic counselling and referrals for one-on-one counselling is provided.
- All sub-limits on over-the-counter medication on all savings options have been removed.
- A special children’s range of benefits covers everything from baby wellness visits to childhood immunisations, school readiness assessments, and pre-school eye, hearing and a dental screening.
- An extra visit to an emergency room is provided for children every year.
- A consultation with an occupational therapist, a fitness assessment and exercise prescription programme, as well as a nutritional assessment and healthy eating plan is offered especially for children.
- Children younger than six get unlimited GP visits and basic dentistry even if benefits are depleted.
- Migraine has been added as a chronic condition to the Pinnacle, Dynamix and Symmetry options.
- CompCare’s flagship option, Pinnacle, has introduced the following enhancements:
- Specialised dentistry benefits in the above threshold benefit;
- Sub-limits in the above threshold benefit have been removed for specialist services, acute medication, radiology, pathology and auxiliary services.
“As part of CompCare’s ongoing drive to enhance services we have introduced a new and improved member onboarding functionality. While new members are able to obtain a quote and apply for membership via our website, from 2020 they will also be able to pay for cover immediately, thereby obtaining immediate proof of medical aid cover,” concludes Joubert.