The motivation letter will include the information needed by your patient’s medical scheme.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Go to www.motivatoRx.co.za and register.
2. Choose the Product/Indication.
3. Select Motivation Letter and start populating the information fields.
4. Select Diagnosis/ICD 10 from the drop down menu.
5. Fill in the CHA2DS2VASc – Stroke Risk Score for your patient.
6. Enter the patient’s renal function.
7. Select the Xarelto dosage.
8. Select if patient has been on a prior anticoagulant.
9. Select and/or enter the reason you scripted Xarelto.
10. Compile your own conclusion and generate your letter. In this section there are points for consideration, which you can use in your conclusion. A start of a conclusion has also been pre-populated, which you can change and amend.
Click the generate button, in a couple of seconds a Word document will open. Add your patient’s information to the top section of your letter, read through it to make sure all information accurately reflect the patient’s circumstances and your medical
recommendations. Save the letter on your personal letterhead. Attach the supporting documentation before you submit.
REASONS FOR SCRIPTING
Xarelto is indicated for stroke prevention in non-valvular atrial fibrillation, this option is already filled in as yes, it ensures key information is added to the letter. Prior anticoagulant – uncontrolled INR (when you select yes, also add the last available INR results – as many as possible) the average of INRs in a range of 2-3 will be calculated and inserted into the letter.
Prior anticoagulant – adverse event. If selected yes, continue to choose the specific adverse event, if the adverse event is not available in the drop down, choose other and a free text block will appear and you can add the specific adverse event, which will then be inserted into the letter.
Prior anticoagulant is unsuitable – unable to do INR Tests. If yes, choose the specific reason from the drop down menu. If the reason is not available in the drop down, choose ‘other’. A free text block will appear and you can add the specific reason. This will be inserted into the letter.
Prior anticoagulant is unsuitable – Contraindicated – if yes is selected, continue to choose the specific reason, if the contraindication is not available in the drop down, choose ‘other’ and a free text block will appear and you can add the specific contraindication, which will be inserted into the letter.
Prior anticoagulant is unsuitable – drug interactions. If yes is selected, add the specific medication interacting with the prior anticoagulant. This will be inserted into the letter.
Prior Anticoagulant is unsuitable – select ‘other’, if the reason was not available; please add the reason under this section.
Xarelto is recommended by NICE, this is auto selected, as this includes the NICE recommendation to the letter.