Join Medical Chronicle for a free, one-hour, CPD-accredited webinar on Alzheimer’s & dementia: Practical management in a post-Covid world. This webinar will be presented by Dr Ryan Fuller and is sponsored by Dr. Reddy’s.
Date: 14 September 2022
Topic: Alzheimer’s & dementia: Practical management in a post-Covid world
Presenter: Dr Ryan Fuller
Dr Ryan Fuller is a proud South African from Johannesburg, who completed his medical training at UCT, Chris Hani Baragwaneth, in London & at Sterkfontein. As an Old Age Psychiatrist (or Psychogeriatrician).
His special interests are value-based healthcare & digital innovation in health. He’s currently completing an MBA in International Health Management through the University of Cumbia & Robert Kennedy School, Zurich. He is passionate about understanding the complex relationship between physical, mental & spiritual health within family systems.
- Founder & Senior Clinician Memorycare Group medical practice (2012 – to date)
- Memory Clinics at Akeso Clinic, Parktown & Akeso Clinic, Alberton
- Pioneered Psychiatric Clinic at Primvilla Care Centre, Primrose, Johannesburg (2016 – to date) for patients with severe & enduring mental health problems, many of whom suffer with agitated dementia syndrome & need specialized long term care. Together with Dr Lolita Mostert, developed Psychiatric Clinic at Wigwam Care Centre, Rustenburg (2018 – to date) for patients with severe mental health problems.
- Specialist Psychiatrist to Alberton Pioneer Integrated Care Consortium (2018 – to date). A multidisciplinary team of General Practitioners, allied, palliative & community nurse providers led by Dr Adri Kok (Specialist Physician) Specialist Private Consultant, Geriatric Psychiatry, Discovery Health (2011 – 2015).
- Pioneered South Africa’s first private Senior Care Coordination Program to assist older people with complex multimorbidity, impaired quality of life at risk for repeated hospitalisations
- Scientific Chair, World Congress Healthy Aging (2015)
- Specialist State Psychiatrist (2011 – 2012), Forensic Rehabilitation, Sterkfontein Forensic Hospital.